The Hungary Initiatives Foundation invites applications for “HIF Scholarship in the US”
Interested and qualified individuals can apply for grants up to $10,000 on a rolling basis, but by July 31, 2014 the latest.
The Hungary Initiatives Foundation is committed to strengthen the exchange of knowledge and skills between the United States and Hungary. Therefore we would like to provide an opportunity for talented, ambitious young Hungarians to pursue studies in the United States. The HIF Scholarship will provide support for Hungarian individuals who have been accepted into academic programs (masters or doctoral programs) in the United States in the 2014/15 academic year.
The eligibility requirements for HIF scholarship are the following:
- The applicant must be a Hungarian citizen, with a residence in Hungary
- The applicant must be admitted into a US-based educational institution’s academic program (masters or doctoral programs) for the academic year 2014/15
- The grant is available for the first semester of the 2014/2015 academic year.
- Previous grantees can reapply for grants.
- Applicants can request funding up to $10,000 per semester.
- Grant can be used for housing, traveling, insurance, living assistance, or tuition.
How to apply
Please submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of admission from American educational institution
- Cover letter, including required grant amount
- 2 letters of recommendation (either from academic or professional supervisors)
- Estimated budget of total costs, required assistance, description and amount of other scholarship, financial aid
Application packages must be sent by email to email@example.com with the subject “HIF Scholarship in the US”. Please note that we do not accept mailed application packages.
Applicants can submit their application package on a rolling basis, but by July 31, 2014 the latest.
Scholarship awardees will be notified 3 weeks after the application was submitted.
Should you have any questions about any aspect of this application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “HIF Scholarship question”.